Political Truth.
Whether you like it or not.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Not Satisfied With Crushing Benghazi Committee, Hillary Clinton Goes After Republican Cabal Witch-Hunts

hillary clinton DNC Women's Leadership Forum
Hillary Clinton isn’t done taking on Republican investigations. Less than a day after crushing the House Republican Select Committee On Benghazi, Clinton went after other Republican witch-hunt investigations during her speech to the DNC Women’s Leadership Forum.
Clinton said:
For people who say they hate big government, Republicans sure spend a lot of time trying to restrict women’s reproductive health and reproductive rights. After my experience yesterday, I am just amazed that they are even talking about setting up another special investigative committee. This time to investigate Planned Parenthood.

And I think we all know by now, that’s just code for a partisan witch-hunt.
Haven’t we seen enough of that?
Clinton began her remarks by making it clear that yesterday’s testimony in front of the Benghazi Select Committee was a big win for her. She said, “As some of you may know, I had a pretty long day yesterday, but I finally got to answer questions. Something I’ve been pushing for, literally, for a year, and I am grateful that I recovered my voice, which I lost a little bit. As I said at the start, I wanted to rise above partisanship and reach for statesmanship, and that is what I tried to do.”
She did reach the level the level of statesmanship, and in the process dominated the over-matched House Republicans at their own hearing.
More importantly, the Democratic front-runner isn’t done with taking on Congressional Republicans. Clinton jumped right into the middle of the Republican plan to use Planned Parenthood as a partisan political tool to get out the wingnut vote in 2016.
Hillary Clinton’s Benghazi testimony was an act of national service because she shined a spotlight on the House Republican abuse of their investigative powers.`
Clinton was correct. These special investigations are witch-hunts that waste taxpayer resources for partisan political purposes.
Hillary Clinton is hunting the witch-hunters and after the display she put on Thursday, Republicans should be very afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment